How to create an easy Halloween smokey eye
Boo! Yes, it’s that time of the year when witches and goblins come out to play, but just because it’s a scare-fest, it doesn’t mean your make-up has to scare small children.
With the help of the MUA Amour palette, from this month’s Pink Parcel. we’ve created a subtle smokey eye that will work whether your’re witching it up on 31st October or just going out for a night on the town.
1. Use the white shimmery cream over the base of the eye and inner corner. Not only does it give eyelids a nice sheen, but it also acts as a primer as well, meaning your eye make-up will last well past the witching hour!
2. Next load up your eyeshadow brush with the matte brown shade. You can build this up, using several layers, depending on the depth of colour you want. Don’t forget to blend.
3. Using the grey shade, create a slight wing on your eyelid, smudging it out slightly. Remember to tap your brush once you have your brush loaded to prevent fall out!
4. Then, using an an angle brush (we love this one by Real Techniques, £10) use the dark blue shimmery shade and line the upper and lower lash line.
5. Now it’s time to add some gold! Apply the darker gold shade to the inner of the eye and blend slightly in towards the centre of the eyelid.
6. Apply the same shade to the lower lash line. Use a soft brush to lightly smudge the gold and blue shades together.
7. Using the matte brown shade, apply it to your crease and blend right out. This is your transition colour and will help blend everything nicely so there are no harsh lines.
8. Take the white shimmer shadow and apply a little to your inner corner to brighten the eye up.
9. Now use the light gold and push a small amount, just in the centre of the lid.
10. To finish off your smokey eye, apply the bronze shimmer cream across your brown bone. Don’t forget to brush any loose shadow out off your face with a big fluffy brush before you go out for some trick or treat action!