4 reasons you should be using facial oils
They’re the latest beauty must-have – but just why are facial oils so good for your skin?
They’re good for all skin types
Even oily skin types will benefit from a good facial oil. Just as we need to eat food rich in essential fatty acid to keep healthy, our skin can also benefit from a dose of good fat – or oil.
Oily skin won’t become oilier either. In fact, those with oily skin often use very harsh, ‘stripping’ toners will make the skin react and become even oilier. Facial oils are gentle and help retain the skin’s balance.
They make you look better instantly!
Ensuring facial oil gets into your skin means giving your face a good ole massage. This not only relaxes and tones the facial muscles, but also boosts blood flow giving you an instant glow. The massaging motion also means the ingredients go deeper into the skin, rather than sitting on top, as cream often does.
They don’t cost the earth
Unlike some fancy serums and moisturisers, facial oils are easily affordable. Some of our favourites, that won’t bust the bank, include:
- Formula Skin Care Age Restore Treatment Oil, £12, M&S
- N’Spa Deep Hydrating Facial Oil, £7, Asda
- B. Replenished Facial Oil, £13,99, Superdrug
- Balm Balm Frankincense Light Facial Oil, £7.99, Feel Unique
You could even make like actress Emma Stone and raid your kitchen cupboard. She uses grape seed oil, which costs about £2, to make her skin soft and glowing! While Kim Kardashian swears by Bio Oil for her face. This oil can also be used all over your body and starts at just £8.99, proving you don’t have to marry a millionaire rapper to get good skin.
They can help with those pre-menstrual breakouts
Keeping your face well-nourished and moisturised can help against any period related breakouts, especially if you choose oils that are packed with Vitamins A, C or E.
- Vitamin A contains retinoids, which are great for preventing spots.
Try: Pai Skincare Rosehip BioRegenerate Fruit & Seed Oil, Beauty Bay
- Vitamin E oil can reduce the appearance of acne scars as well as promote tissue repair and healing of the skin.
Try: Vitamin E facial oil, £11, The Body Shop
- Vitamin C helps reduce redness, ups your collagen levels, as well as acting as a powerful antioxidant.
Try: Superfacialist Vitamin C+ Skin Renew Cleansing Oil, £10.99, Boots