11 signs you’re turning into your mum
It’s Mother’s Day on Sunday and while we love our mums and celebrate all the support and love they’ve given us, there’s something a little scary about turning into them. Unfortunately, it’s also pretty inevitable – especially when you spot yourself doing the following…
1. You don’t really understand twerking/Snapchat/the latest youth fad
While once you were at the cutting edge of culture, everything seems a bit alien now. Except for the fashion – and that’s only because what you once wore as a teen is now all the rage again!
2. The highlight of your weekend is the latest Sunday night period drama
It’s the highlight of your weekend – especially if there’s a handsome male lead who occasionally removes their top!
3. You always have tissues in your handbag
As well as a myriad of other useful items. In fact, your handbag is now double the size it was in your carefree 20s as you never know what you might need when you’re out and about.
4. You don’t understand why anyone would go out on a work night
Nights out are strictly for the weekend now. And even then, 2 glasses of wine = fun, while 3 results in a hangover.
5. You start shopping in M&S for things other than food and pants
Their clothes are definitely more stylish now, especially when your previous favourite shopping haunt TopShop is starting to stock clothes only an 18-year-old, size 8 clothes horse could wear.
6. You laugh at your own jokes
As your offspring cringe nearby. The shame!
7. You buy food in bulk – and get excited by a BOGOF offer at the supermarket
Remember how your mum’s cupboards where always stocked up to feed an army, even if there were only 4 of you in the family? That’s you now.
8. You start sentences with ‘Well, when I was younger…’
You could understand what they were saying in songs/I was never bored/I was happy with whatever presents I was given/I walked 5 miles to school/My parents would never have stood for that back-chat *
*delete as applicable
9. Your mum’s favourite, and often strange, sayings seem to pop out of your mouth more regularly
You know the ones we mean: ‘Manners cost nothing’
‘If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all.’
‘There’s enough dirt in those ears to grow potatoes!’
‘Money doesn’t grow on trees you know!’
‘What part of no don’t you understand?’
10. You relish complaining when you get bad customer service
There’s nothing more satisfying than firing off a complaint when you’ve had a bad experience somewhere. And who knows, you may also get money off something at a later date?
11. You always use coasters
Need we say more?
Got any to add? Leave them in the comment box below!