13 amazing money-saving beauty hacks
Make your mascara last longer and get more out of your toothbrush with these beauty hacks guaranteed to save your money, but still ensure you look a million dollars!
- Run out of liquid eyeliner? Then use your mascara. Just run a small liner brush over your mascara and feline eyes will be in easy reach once more.
- Make your perfume last all day by rubbing Vaseline into your pulse points before you spray – genius!
- If you’re blonde and your roots are showing, grab a can of dry shampoo and spray into your roots. Brush through to distribute and cover up those tell-tale signs that blonde is not your natural colour!
- If you’ve not got any dry shampoo to hand, you can use talcum powder. This definitely works better on blondes though – it can make brunettes go a bit grey.
- Frizzy hair? You don’t need expensive serums, just use your hand cream. Apply to hands as usual and then run your fingers through your hair.
- Tame your brows with hairspray! Spray a little on a clean mascara wand and just stroke through for beautifully-behaved brows.
- Make you own leave-in condition by mixing up your normal conditioner with water and putting into a spray bottle. Great for holidays as you can spritz on throughout the day so the sun doesn’t dry out your hair too much.
- Has your favourite eyeshadow broken? Mix in a little surgical spirit, smooth it out and wait for it to dry.
- Invest in an all-purpose balm. Whether you choose a new brand such as LipGlam or the cult favourite of every model and beauty editor on the planet, Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream, adding a product like this to your make-up bag saves money – and time. There are so many uses for a multi-balm, we had to write an entire blog post on it – read it here!
- Fake tan hands? Mix up a solution of water, lemon juice and baking soda and use a toothbrush to rub away any tell-tale signs.
- Revive old mascara by either sticking it in a cup filled with hot water or adding a few drops of saline solution to it.
- Paint brushes can often be just as good as make-up brushes for applying your slap, but cost half the price.
- Use your lipstick on your cheeks as well as your lips for a ready-made matching blusher.